Monday, November 19, 2012

It is offical....

Delaney has decided to quit soccer.

Hummm. I am mixed between the fact that my days of sitting and cheering on my child while she races a ball toward a net on a sunny spring day is at an end and that my days of sitting in cold, freezing wind while holding a cold cup of 'hot' chocolate is at an end.  I am not sure which direction to head my thoughts to.  I HAVE noticed that since we switched teams, Delaney's interest has kind of fallen way side.  She has, dare I say it, turned into a grass picker!!  It could be that she moved from an all girls team to a co-ed team.  It could be that the coaches are all males who scream at the top of their lungs like they are watching a Sunday football game instead of coaching.  Or it could be that she is simply tired of cold 'hot' chocolate.  Either way, I have seen a change of interest in her.

Thinking that maybe she needed a break, I asked her what else she wanted to do.  She loves swimming and thought about swim team but she isn't so keen on wearing those rubber head covers.  (Already she is a fashion diva?)  So I mentioned girl scouts and she jumped on that like a frozen soccer player would jump on a blanket in the middle of a snow filled game!  And after loudly and happily deciding she wanted to do that and calling all her friends to say she was doing girl scouts, she comes up and quietly asks........what exactly do girl scouts do?  It would seem that the only thing she knows about girl scouts is that they wear cute outfits and make cookies and that was good enough for her.  (Did I mention about her turning into a fashion diva?)

 I have enrolled her and she is officially a Brownie.  So when you are sitting at home thawing out from YOUR child's soccer game and wanting a lovely snack of cookies to go with that hot chocolate.......think of us cause in a few months we will have plenty!!

Someone has to pay for that really cute outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment