Friday, April 24, 2009

A breakfast of poptarts, toothpaste and Dr. Pepper

Morning comes, the sun rises and the birds break out in song and we slowly open our eyes to a new day. Mornings in this house is full of excitment though. The pleasant, peaceful coffee commercials you see on tv rearly happen here. Mostly cause...well....I don't drink coffee. But I still need my eye opening. That usually consists of Dr. Pepper, Pepsi or any of the other many sugar filled caffine bubbly one can think of. I know. A bad habit but granola and wheat bran is not a common thing in my house. We have a sweet tooth. Oh I don't let the kids drink soda for breakfast. That is all MINE! They get much more nutritious things like Capt'n Crunch and poptarts! Wouldn't want anyone to think I am a bad mother or anything. I feed them. In reality they are just not breakfast people. Eggs and bacon are not seen here often unless it is close to noon on a Saturday. My house in the morning is more like a routating door. People come in, people go out, and only I seem to stay....with my Dr. Pepper in hand and a smile on my face.My son is the 1st up at 5:30. My middle DD is up at 6:30am while my son is going out the door to catch the bus. Then Megan leaves an hour later. Hopefully without any mental breakdowns over "I have nothing to wear!!" Oh yeah, did I mention that I run a family daycare too? Cause they are rolling in the door while my kids are rolling out. The mornings are full of backpacks, poptarts, ringing door bells and Barney. And, if God is kind to me, I get about an hour before Delaney wakes, with just me and my Dr. Pepper. Well and daycare kids and Barney.

This song on youtube is so fitting to my mornings that I thought I would share............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7R9SFBLvIk&feature=PlayList&p=7CA81CB76EA726A3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50

No comments:

Post a Comment