Monday, August 17, 2009

3 days and counting........



Can you tell I am getting excited?

We are slowly getting ready for our road trip to TN.
The house is getting cleaned. Yes I said cleaned. Cause one cannot go on vacation with a dirty house! Someone might notice!

In truth, I just don't want to come home to one. So we are cleaning as much as possible without stressing myself. Cause the packing alone is enough to keep me busy!

Laundry that I am trying to keep up with while putting it in the suitcases. And assuming that my lovely, sweet 4 yr old doesn't try UNpacking it right behind me. Like yesterday I came in to see a sofa full of her things. Things I know was packed. She wanted to put it in her little backpack to carry and then changed her mind. I envision myself going crazy digging for a little girls swimsuit that I KNOW I packed and it now not there and is, in reality, sitting on a sofa somewhere at home!

I pack for all three kids and myself. Todd is on his own. And 4 people is more than enough for me! So I begin about a week prior making lists and putting things in bags as they slowly appear in my hands throughout that week.

My goal is to have a clean house and have a van packed up by Thur while working an 11 hour day! We pull out of the drive at 6pm after my last daycare child leaves! Now if that isn't stress!!! Changing diapers and packing and loading a van and cleaning and making lunch and entertaining kids all at one time.

I wouldn't be surprised if I find a daycare child stuffed in a bag on its way out to the van! Hopefully he has the 4 yr olds swimsuit in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment