Monday, August 8, 2011

The Gremlin in my house!

I don't know if it is all about luck, or lack thereof, or fate or some little mean spirited gremlin lurking around the corner but it defiantly has been an interesting week.  Whenever I thought that things were calm, all heck broke loose. 

Oh it wasn't like my house caught fire or someone lost their job or got sick.  But stressful all the same!

Monday began with us taking our van to get the breaks checked before we left for vacation.  And a simple, no biggie turned into repairing the breaks and a broken shock in the rear.  Then about two hours later I get a call from Ryan (who was picking up Megan at the soccer field) saying he was having issues starting his car.  I hop in the van and drive in a horrible thunderstorm with torrents of rain and lightening....only to pass them on the road.  The car was fine and they were on their way!  I turn around and proceed to drive back and as soon as I get to my drive, everything stops.  The radio goes out like someone turned it off and the lights dim.  I pull in and shut the van off and try to restart.........nothing.  I make the mad dash to the house through the storm to tell Todd that the van was dead!  The living room tv is out.  The computer is running like an old man trying to run up a hill and I can't shut it off.  We are thinking that lightening struck nearby.

To make a long story short that spanned a good three days with no van.....it turned out that the alternator was fried and the battery too.  The computer was able to be saved by me climbing under and pulling the plug and rebooting everything.  The tv ....I am not sure what happened there but I think it had something to do with a husband who was playing with the cable and not having a clue what he was doing and the cable company not being too much better!  But tv....van....and computer are up and running.  Several days and lots and lots of money later!

Then Todd breaks a tooth.  Like not a chip but down to the gum.  Then his car breaks down in the middle of an intersection.  Just died like my van.  Rewind up above to the lightening theory.  Megan is complaining about a tooth bothering her.  I have a lost pair of Delaney sandles that can't possibly have just disappeared.  AND to make it all come together...Ryans computer is now out too. 

I just want to add that we are heading on vacation this week.  So not only am I completely stressed over all the things going crazy but the shrinking size of my savings account too! 

I would love to say that I sooooooooooooooooooooooo need a vacation!  But that, along with all this, just adds to my stress over all.  Remember my comment about relaxing once I hit the bridge?  Yeah well, it might take me until the Washington beltway at this rate! 

I would like to end with "nothing else can possibly happen at this point" but that will only jinx us more I fear!!

If anyone knows how to take out a gremlin let me know! 

On a sweet note:
The other day I am out at the soccer field with the girls.  Megan is in practice and Delaney is running around kicking a ball on her own while I am sitting and reading a book.  All of a sudden Delaney comes running with excitement and screaming "Jesus is coming.....JESUS IS COMING!"  I had no clue what the child was talking about and asked her.  She points her little finger up to the sky behind me where the sun was setting and forming a stream of light through a cloud in the sky down toward the earth.  "Oh Mommy....look!" she says with a blissful sigh,  "Jesus is coming down from the sky!"

Now if that doesn't bring a smile to your face and fill your heart with love when there are gremlins in your life, nothing else will!

No comments:

Post a Comment