Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breaking up is hard to do!

Well it happened.  My baby boy had his heart broken tonight.  And even though he is taller than me, I wanted to pick him up, hold him in my lap and rock him in the chair like all those years ago and make the world go away in my arms.

Ryan was the one who broke up.  But it was not easy.  He still loves the girl.  Just the relationship was not working and so he did what he felt was the best thing for them both.  Right now I am sure he doesn't feel that way.  Right now he is crying.  Right now he is in pain.  Right now he isn't sure what he did was right and what the future holds.  He is upset not because he broke up with his girlfriend but that he broke her heart.  That she is upset.  And he feels bad.  And that is my little boy in a nut shell......Always sensitive to the end. 

His heart told him one thing but it still wasn't easy to do.  I don't think it ever is.  And this might be his 1st heartbreak but it is only the beginning.  Someday the right girl will come into his life and he will know.  And she will be the one to wrap her arms around him and make the world go away.  But for now.....

For now, I will guide him.  I will listen to him talk.  I will pray it will be easier soon for them both.  And I will wrap my arms around him and make it all go away.  Even for a little while.............

No comments:

Post a Comment