Thursday, February 2, 2012

The love of my life!!

I have met someone new.  I finally must admit to it.  He is handy and talented and very neat and , in my eyes, just about the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I rather find him even more attractive than my own husband and not so sure I can live without him!

Oh don't get so excited!

I would love to say he is tall dark and handsome.....and maybe a little rich...  but in truth he is skinny and pale and doesn't do much but lay around.  His name is called Mr. Reynolds Parchment Paper!!!  And I am sooooooooooo in love with him!

Around the holidays I had a ton of cookies to do and found this in the isle at Walmart.  My nonstick trays are getting kinda old and majorly used so I picked it up on a whim.  It was then the love affair began!  I LOVE this stuff!  I rip out a sheet, bake, throw it out and don't even have to clean a tray!  Nothing sticks.  Nothing burns.  I am more excited over this than a Jim Dandy at Friendlys!  And that is saying a lot!

Other than my new found friend....
Nothing else is happening much.  Winter is here and all is quiet.  There is no soccer or events.  School and work and that about covers our weeks.

Ryan just started college. You are right!  He IS still in highschool.  But he has no need to classes until graduation and so he has started college early.  I am so proud of him cause if you know him at all, this is a HUGE step!  For those who dont know, Ryans has a learning disability and so far this beginning has been rocky.  He doesn't test well and so did poorly on his ACT and college placement exam.  This means that he has to start at lowest of low classes and work up.  Taking longer to get to the end.  BUT he has a chance to test out of each of these classes and has done so each time! 

He began in basic math, tested out of that, and is in 100 Algebra which is just below college level.  And he began in reading and just tested out of that and is in English Comp now.   It is a pain.  A bit of 2 steps forward and three back and 4 forward but we are on our way!  I am not sure what this journey will mean for him but he is making it and I could not be more proud.

The girls are just doing their everyday thing!  Winter and summer is my fav.  There is little to do but lay around and enjoy life.  Although, I would much prefer 90 degrees and a beach but I will take it all the same!

And so that ends my little update. My cookie bell just went off and I must have a meet up with my love!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

(a few yummy cookies don't hurt either!)

2 comments:

  1. I found parchment paper last year and had the same love affair. Sorry I didn't think to share him with you then! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... I am going to try parchment paper this year! Cannot wait try him! He sounds exciting ! lol

    ReplyDelete