Sunday, July 22, 2012

Through the eyes of a child....

Yesterday Delaney and I were driving on the way home from an errand.  During the trip she fell silent and then I heard "Wow!  Those are a lot of wishes!!"  I had no clue what she was talking about so I glanced back at her and there she sat, with her little nose pressed up against the glass, looking at a field of puffy dandelions.  Just thousands spread in the sunshine as far as your eyes can see.  I smiled and made some comment of agreement with her.  She pauses and says "I wonder if we went out there and blew all those dandelions if we could wish Mom-mom, Pop-pop and Grandpa back to us.  I wonder if all those wishes would work."  If closing our eyes, making a heart wish and blowing dandelions in the air would do such wishes.  But it brought a smile to my face, touched my heart and instead of just driving with no real glance at my surrounds, I began to look at all the wonders, possibilities and wishes the world could possibly bring.................through the eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment