Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let the Chickens have their say!

Ok I have to say that I am up for a good debate.  I like seeing both sides and hearing what each has to say.  So when I heard about Chick-fil-a comments about gay marriage I thought "Here we go!".  And frankly I am rather tired of hearing about it.  It covers the news. It covers the web. It is the talk of the talk.  GEESH LET THE MAN HAVE HIS SAY!

 It isn't that I agree or disagree. This really isn't about MY opinion.  What I dislike is that we can't voice our opinion without offending someone now a days.  And mainly I speak about Christian views.  A 'non-white' person can shout BIGOT and be heard.  A gay person can shout PREJUDICE and be heard. Someone of the slightest minority (black, Indian, Jewish, Muslim, Chinese, women, children etc) can yell about the unjust of this or that and be heard even should it be against another person, race or religion. But heaven forbid (no pun) a Christian man stands up and disagrees with any point of view.  Mr. Cathy's statement wasn't mean.  It wasn't directed to a certain body. It was his general opinion in an open statement overall. Oh and it should really come as a shocker to the world?  Everyone knows about the strong Christian views of the company.  They have to be the only business that doesn't open on a Sunday! So we should all gasp that the owner should even consider stating such a thing??  Really? Cause I am not shocked in the slightest.

Listen...I am sure he offended someone somewhere.  Whatever.  You can take his views personally if you like.  But in the end he IS allowed to voice them.  No matter if you agree or not.  It is the right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion and if you don't like it...move on. It is YOUR right to give your money someplace else. I heard Wendys beat their workers down for thinking of agreeing openly with Chick-fil-a.  Perhaps they would like to get those who think standing up for their believes is wrong.  I am sure they will happily pocket that money.

I much prefer not only the fact that Cathy was honest and open but that he allows his workers to be so as well.  So the next time you walk into a Chick-fil-a and say something so perfect as "I hate haters" or "You are all bigots!"...think about the employee on the other side of the counter.  They may or may not agree with the views of the owner......and they just might be gay themselves!  Yep. Imagine that.  They actually employ gay workers who, by the way, some actually like working for the company.  Humm odd that isn't it?

And on the other hand is the over exerted Christian who says things like "Hope the gays starve" as they purchase their meal.  Ok I just said we are allowed to voice our opinion but does either side have to be so openly mean about it?  Is that the Christian views we want the world to know?

Listen.....agree or disagree.  Agree to disagree. But before you start shouting from the parking lot of a Chick-fil-a wearing rainbow shirts and chicken suits or stating your rude comments to the person taking your order....we are all entitled to our opinions.....nicely.  Over all lets be human to each other.  I can't think of a more Christan way to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment