Thursday, April 18, 2013

Remember


I was up last night looking at the latest update on the Boston bombing.  Seeing what new info they had found and viewing, yet, more pictures.  Megan walks by and says "Your still looking at that?!"  It kind of took me back.  Why WAS I still looking at it? It was about the most grotesque and widely media advertised disaster simple because of so many cell phones and camera.  Similar pictures all taken at different angels.  Horrible pictures that even though you look at them you never can truly understand because we weren't there.  Was I some weirdo to just keep looking and looking at such morbid things?

No.

I think what I look for is understanding.  To try and understand the mind of the person who did it.  To pray for those effected and to wish a fast hunt for those who caused it.  I want to understnad the families because it brings you closer.  I want to understand the time line as it effects who walked away and who didn't.  I want to............understand.

I guess we never will.  If we understood the mind of the person who did things like this, we would be one of them.  But I guess I want to try and wrap some part of my mind around the sadness so I can at least try and grasp it because I find it evasive in my thinking.

And I want to remember.

We all remember the faces of the children in Sandy Hook.  We remember where we were during 911 when the plane hit.  We remember an image that stays with us from the Oklahoma bombing.  We remember.  And by remembering we remember the lives lost and that allows them to live forever.  It, I would like to think, maybe changes the future too. Maybe some one, some where, looking will see what their action causes and maybe, just maybe not do it again.  Wishful thinking I am sure but it really is all we have to work with. Hope.

This is the image that speaks to me.  There were so many.  So many that stay in your mind.  But the look on this girls face speaks what everyone was thinking.  It is shock.  It is hurt.  It is pain.  It is what will be in my heart every time I think of the day Boston was bombed. I can feel her feelings. It is shouting out to you.  It is heartbreaking.  I will remember.




So no. I do not think it is morbid. It is not something we want to see.  But by seeing we remember and that is something I think every single victim needs at this moment.  To be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment