Thursday, May 2, 2013

Why haven't I?

Why haven't I blogged lately?  Hummmm well half is because I am rather living in an allergy fog and a drug induced fog or a combo of both.  I was complaining about how spring seems to have forgotten us.  It has been so cold.  The leaves hardly wanted to burst open in the coldness we have been having this spring.  It has been only about two weeks of mild-don't need the actual snow coat-type of weather.  But still rather chilly.

In that sun and remotely close spring weather, came the pollen and there has been no peace in this house since.  Five of us here and four are walking around with tissues stuffed to our faces and hidden in every pocket!!

We are keeping the makers of Allergra very happy and in business.  Going through it like candy on Halloween and fighting to see who gets the last one in the box and who gets to drive to the store to get more. 

It is tiring and snotty business.

With it comes not wanting to do much but sit stare brain dead in a drug induced coma at the flowers and wish for another box of tissues and bed.

Along with sniffling we are also finishing up the school year and preparing for summer.  Delaney has taken a break from swimming for the summer. I figured it was ok since she would be living in the pool anyway and it was one more day to sit at night and do nothing which you all know I look forward to in the summer.  Ryan is finishing up college and Megan is counting down the days till she thinks she will be sleeping the days away.

With all the cool air, it is hard to believe we will be opening the pool in four weeks. I know I won't be in it!!  It must get much warmer than this for me to stick a toe in!!  But we are making plans for the warm weather days.  I am planning daycare activities and lining up spots.  We are also planning vacation which we are very excited about this year and looking forward to. 

It will be nice to sit outside and let the warm sun bask me in its glory.......and to not need a box of tissues stuffed up my nose.......

count down...........40.....39.......38................

No comments:

Post a Comment