Monday, October 5, 2009

Meatballs and institutional haircuts!

Saturday we went to see Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs. A must see family movie. It is cute and has all the important aspects.....comedy, adventure, suspense, romance. Who needs more!? And I thought it very clever how they made one of the characters food allergic in a movie where large food items fall from the sky! Oh the drama! But it really was cute and the whole family enjoyed it in between errand runs.

Yesterday, Ryan informed me that his 'girlfriend' Emily, who he just started dating last weekend, is no longer his 'girlfriend' cause he set his eyes on someone else. Rachel. Emily's friend. Yep. You heard that right. And not only did he tell Emily so she understood and knew but he turned right around and asked Rachel to the homecoming dance next weekend. Now when I went to school that whole ordeal was a BIG no-no. Friends do not date the same boy. And boys seemed to know and accept that rule unless they wanted to be caught in the middle of a nasty cat fight! But Ryan assures me that, eventhough Emily still has a thing for him, she has moved on and is ok with it (Ladies, do we believe THAT one??). And Rachel, obviously, has no issue cause she is going with Ryan next weekend to homecoming. Boy has times changed! Who needs to pay for movie tickets? I seem to have my own soap opera going on right here!

And in this last minute change, we have a situation that causes mom's obsessive heart to stop. I have no clue what color this girl is going to wear!!!! HOW do I pick his outfit?? HOW do we order flowers?? HOW am I going to survive not having this important information so that I can complete my obsessive rituals like a matching tie and wristlet????? This will never do! I will be in a panic over this all week. This will keep me up and make me worry till all hours of the morning. Ok. Yes I may be a bit dramatic. But if you knew me....am I .........or am I not??????

And my youngest has decided to become a beautician. Those who know me, know I went through a situation where Delaney decided to play hair dresser with one of my daycare kids inthe summer. You know, curlers, barrettes, brushes and....scissors. It about broke my heart to have to call that mother and tell her that Delaney decided that her child needed a more sporty look! After heart failure, the hair cutting scissors are put up high. The scissors in Delaney's room was removed. And the only ones accessible are in the kitchen in which she now has to ask for. I thought I covered it all. Except I forgot about my husband. Who does not understand my thinking...or any thinking at all it seems.

Yesterday Delaney got her shower and I handed her a brush and off she went into my bathroom to brush out her hair in my full length mirror. Not anything new. But not one minute later she comes in patting her new institutional bangs and proudly declared she needed new ones! I think at some point I inhaled the curtains and said something like "OMG! WHAT DID YOU DO????!!!!!" Which promoted a full outright cry cause she guessed I did not like her new look!

I ran for the bathroom and looked, yelling "Where are they??? Where are the scissors?????!" and began pulling out things. It is then, my little daughter slowly opened Todds drawer and in there layed the scissors! I slowly turned and gave my husband the worst evil eye I think I have ever given and am rather surprised he still lives today! His comment? "I didn't put them in there!!!!" Seriously. A 40 something year old man actually looked at me and said he didn't do it!!

In truth, Delaney must have known I was having 2nd thoughts on her outgrowing-bang-stage. It is getting close to the holidays and I was debating on if I should cut them or leave them to grow. They were in that stage where only barrettes and elastic bands would work! And, not that I would tell her, she did give a straight cut. Although short but still straight. So I worked with what I had while my daughter cried and my husbands ears burned cause I was thinking some not so nice thoughts about him and hope, in the end, that she looks cute.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a cute movie! I am glad that all of you had fun in between the errands! Sometimes you need to things out of your norm!

    ReplyDelete