Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Speaking of firsts

Not that this is Ryans 1st game of the season. But it is my 1st game to get to watch since most games are right after school and I am working still. So it was nice to be back out on the green with the wind in my hair and cheering him on. Ahhh sometimes I long for the days of traveling soccer!




Go Ryan go!
The next day Ryan had his 1st real date.
I mean with someone who wasn't already a friend. Someone he had just met at a football game. A real-hold-hands-and-shy-smiles kind of a date.
And I, of course, wanted to grab my camera so I could mark this most awesome time in his life. But Ryan knew better and when the door rang, he blocked my view and yelled "I'll call you to pick up", shut the door and ran.
Ok he didn't run but from my view peeking out of the sheer curtains it looked like he was trying to get away for some reason. I am thinking he was afraid I might embarrass him or something? I didn't even have my camera! But I am guessing he wasn't taking any chances. (But wouldn't that have been a great shot on here?! )
That is ok. I could see her from my peek hole. And she was cute! Shy. Sweet smile. Megan, who was standing next to me, agreed. She liked her shirt and declared she had good taste! And my girl friend, who was looking out some peek hole of her own, agreed she was cute too!
He probably would have done better to just introduce us!
So my 1st baby had his 1st real date and I had a mix of excitement and heartbreak. Gone are those days of him in footsie pajamas, cuddled up to me while I rocked him to sleep. And in place is a new 1st, a new woman and long ago memories. And so we begin that new journey........

No comments:

Post a Comment