Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rub a dub dub

Tick tock, I can hear the clock! And before I know it, it will be TURKEY TIME! And my kichen is still in a huge disarray! I am at the point of asking the guests to pick up a brush between dinner and waiting for the coffee for dessert. Think that would go over well? Probably not.

BUT it is slowly, ever so, coming together. Some new wall decor arrived. The roosters are up. Just waiting on the chair rail wallpaper and trying to decided STILL on what we are doing in the family room. Todd began with trying out the kitchen color. But he didn't like it. So off he sent me to Home Depo for another choice. I am not sure what he wanted. He should have been the one to pick it since he was the one that didn't like the current color but instead I headed there to try and find something I think he may....or may not....like instead of the gold. I found a light yellow that would work. And a lighter shade of the current gold. Todd picked the lighter gold. We shall see. It is only paint, right? But when you have painted 1/2 a room already, it kinda gets old having to do it again. And again. And maybe again. I am determined to have it done by Thur. We shall see.

And I spent my day making my kids work. Being a WAHM I usually take the weight of most of the housework. But today was the big clean to get ready for a houseful of guests. And in the air, along with the mist of multi purpose cleaner, you could hear the twinkling voices of my children as they whined and complained about having to do housework! But they did it. And it is almost done. I haven't told them yet that we have to do the downstairs tomorrow! I am sure they will love me! But I am sure they will sleep better for their hard done accomplishments! (LOL!)

Window washing

Dishes

Cleaning up their rooms
And a little bit of dancing to Christmas music is fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment