Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey and wrapping paper

Well I know you all are on the edge of your seats just waiting and, perhaps dying a little inside, because you want to know what happened in the yellow kitchen. Sorry but you shall have to wait a bit longer. The wallpaper is still not here yet. It should be here. But I am guessing that the holiday rush with UPS has slowed down the progress of my kitchen because it is, indeed, NOT here. Perhaps Santa will bring it for me! And maybe put it up too! Oh now wouldn't THAT be nice?!

We had houseful of guests for Thanksgiving. Ate all the turkey and needed to actually go to the store to get a turkey breast on Friday so we could finish the leftovers! After all, Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without leftovers! One must fill their tummies with turkey and pumpkin pie for a week for it to mean anything! Most people I know begin to come up with different ways to eat the turkey and left overs.....turkey soup, turkey pot pie, turkey stew, turkey sandwiches....etc. But to me it isn't 'real' unless you eat it the way it was ment to be. Turkey with all the fixins on the side. Love it...love it...LOVE IT!

Now we move onto....*insert the dramatic music*..... CHRISTMAS! But I can neener neener the stores cause I am sooooooooooooo done. You heard me right. D-O-N-E. AND a good 90% wrapped too! I might have one or two odds and ends to pick up cause I wouldn't want to ba-humbug the season and not partake in the lovely mall decor. But, in general, I am done. I even mailed my Christmas cards, which I am told, were received the day after Thanksgiving. I would like to say I did it because I didn't want all the holiday stress. But in truth it is more like I didn't want all the holiday debt that one gets when they shop for a family of 5 plus extended family at the last minute. My two older children have gotten past low priced Fisher Price toys and are now in the world of CHA-CHING "I want a new laptop and an IPOD and a WII and ........." Ahhh the days of long lost past when a coloring book and a hot wheel made them happy!

So I am relaxing and enjoying my doneness with a smile on my face and enjoying the twinkling of the tree in peace.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment