Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This ones for you baby......

.....and you and you and you!  And all the others who have complained about me not posting my vacation pictures or updating my blog!  Geesh people.....don't you have a life other than peeking into mine! LOL!

Things have simply been crazy since our return.  We came home to work 1st thing in the morning and unpacking and cleaning up and soccer practices and dr appointments.  We went from relaxing to a full marathon run with not much time to stop and pause! 

Add in a surprise earth quake, a hurricane, a few floods along the way and the start of school and it has just been SOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN around these parts of the woods!

So....backing up and trying to cover everything in one post.........
1. The earthquake. Unexpected and FREAKY!  I sat at my computer typing an email and thought I was getting dizzy.  Next thing I knew the house was shaking and swaying and it was enough for me to say "I shall never be living in CA!"  Thank you! 

2.Hurricane.  Well now.  As stated below, things did not go over well in the area of Irene.  But as an update.... we flooded for three whole days.  That means we pumped so much water that I am sure had we stopped pumping we surely would have had a new indoor pool by the end of the week!  And all my mind kept going to was "we do not have flood insurance, we do not have flood insurance" which is pretty much what kept me standing and pumping after 12 long hours straight each day!  AND I still was working.  Nothing like multitasking!  I learned real quick how to prop the pump handle on a chair and run to change a diaper and come back to empty the water just in time!  It was so much fun!

We tore the flooring out of the basement.  Yanked the trim work off the walls.  Drilled holes in the walls in hopes of saving the dry wall.  And have been running fans and dehumidifiers 24/7 for the last two weeks.

Ryan is living in Delaneys room. (which I am so sure he loves the butterflies and puppy dogs on the walls! Lets just say that he hasn't invited most of his friends over lately) And Delaney is sharing a bed and room with her Daddy and I.  And my daycare is crunched up in every nook and cranny I can find.  It is working.  For now.

FEMA came to the rescue and gave us a grant and we are off to the local HomeDepot as soon as our schedule allows to get everything we need to get life back to some sort of normal!  The next few weeks promises to be very active.

Before.......
And after.......

3.  Flooding.  As if the visit from Irene wasn't enough, Lee came to visit too.  Must have heard about the indoor pool we were starting in the basement and decided he wanted to play too! The sump pump has gotten its money worth!

And that brings us to vacation.......

Which you shall have to come back and see cause I still have to upload them on the blog.  But I PROMISE I shall do it tomorrow.  Grab a bowl of popcorn and come back to same bat time and bat channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment