Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday 19 times!

March 8th was a Sunday.  We were doing nothing overly exciting other than having some family over for spaghetti and chatting.  But as I was making dinner, I noticed I was maybe starting labor.  Those unsure, 1st time mom, feelings that you think you might be but then again maybe not. I opted to not let anyone know because I wasn't sure and didn't want to panic anyone. 
We had dinner and visited and everyone left.  It was then I mentioned it to Todd.  My girlfriend, Doreen, came over to play some games and sat with me while we played "guess if Kim is in labor"!!  Finally around 9pm we called the dr.  Her comment to me was to walk around and if the pains took my breath away, it was labor.  Well.....I did it.....and there was no guessing.  This was it!! We packed up and headed to the hospital.  What an exciting time.  What a scary time.  The 1st baby.  So many unknowns.  Before long I was holding the most precious thing I have ever held in my arms.  He was so sweet.  So incredibly beautiful.  Just the most perfect thing ever.  He was my son. 

Ryan Christopher Todd Chapman. 
Born March 8th at 5:55am on his due date. 

And he has had me running since.  A life full of activity.  Of hugs. Of kisses.  Of frustration.  Of laughter. Of fights. Of the most perfect love.

Happy 19th Birthday my sweet baby boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment