Friday, March 23, 2012

A little bit of whine with that cheese please!

Today was a lovely and warm spring day.  The kind I wait all winter for and just roll in the glory of the sun!   It was sunny...it was warm....there was a light breeze.....just perfect and I could ask for little more.....except for one daycare child.  My "Whiner".

He is the best whiner I have seen in a long time.  He whines if you look at him.  He whines if you remotely say anything negative and close to a 'no'. He whines when he wants something.  He whines just, well, to whine. To make a long story short, he is that candy child in the grocery store line.  The one who cries and screams and WHINES in the cart until mommy just gives in and gives him the candy he demands to keep him quiet.  He has learned his skills well.  He has had 2 and 1/2 years to perfect them!  They tend to work wonders on Mommy.  He can turn her to his will and wrap her around his finger like a major tornado on a piece of simple steal.  What he has yet to learn is that they do little to impress me.  His whine only irritates me and he gets nothing for his efforts.  But this is an ongoing battle between him and I and that is meant for a whole other post.  What it does have to do with is my rotten cherry to top my otherwise lovely day!

Today he whined because I told him he had to put his shoes on that he insisted he had to remove.  He whined when he wanted a toy.  He whined when I told him he could not have the rocks he stole from someones yard during our walk on this lovely day!!  He whined when he got in trouble because he thought he was cute for putting his lunch on the top of his head.  He whined when he stole cookies he was not allowed to have because he still had to eat the lunch he put on the top of his head!!  After a while I had enough and off he went to an early nap.  Then to top off the day of perfect whine....he wakes, cries this time and then throws up!  At this point in time, I was rather happy he didn't eat the lunch he felt he had to wear on his head!!

I could say that he ruined my lovely and perfect spring day.  But there is little to nothing that can take away the mood this weather puts me in!  Throw up, tantrums, whining, cannot break the glory of the day!!

My good mood even over all the whine and puke might also have something to do with the fact that it is Friday and it will be two days before I have to hear the whine again.  Who could ask for more on such a perfect and lovely spring day??

And a funny:
The other day Delaney got up and I brushed her hair back on the top of her head and left the back down.  When I got done, she did her usual inspection in the bathroom and announced that she was NOT happy with it!  It looked like a 'baby'.  It was 'stupid'.  She in NO way liked it at all.  She was even more disappointed when I told her I could not change it because the bus was on the way and I told her she looked fine.  She did not believe a word I said no matter how many times I told her and went to school a very unhappy (and apparently baby looking) little girl.

The next day she gets up and I ask her how she wants her hair.  She tells me she wants the top pulled back with the back down.  Ok, that gave me pause!  She just had a morning from hell over that the day prior and now she wants me to do it that way again??!  So I had to ask...WHY would she want me to do it that way when she obviously hated it that way?  She tells me that her teacher said she loved it and she looked pretty and she wanted her teacher to like her hair again!! 

Seriously?!

I emailed this story to her teacher.  Then I asked if she wouldn't mind (and because she obviously rated much higher than me) could she please let Delaney know how much she (the teacher) really loved veggies and a very clean bedroom!!!  It would so make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment