Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3....2....1

Well here we are in the count down....3 days until vacation!

I have been doing tons of things to get ready like...
Cleaning the house (for the dog who will obviously be the only one seeing it and in turn will spend the next week spilling her food on the floor in anger of being left behind and shedding her dog hair all over the place)

Laundry (which will only have to be redone in a few days cause it is almost impossible to pack 11 days worth in one duffel bag)

Cleaning out the van (which will be filled soon)

and....come to think of it...not sure what I am getting ready for! Seems like a lot of work just to get to even get to the van seat but I am excited all the same!  It has been a long and rough year and it will be nice to relax and have fun.

Ryan finished his last day of work yesterday and officially announced he is on vacation. I didn't have the heart to tell him the lawn has to be mowed or his room cleaned.  I will save that till later and surprise him!!

Delaney too is officially on vacation.  Her soccer and swim activities are done.  She has nothing to do till the school bus pulls up in front of the house!

And Todds vacation will be officially starting Wed night.  He took off Thur to get ready for all the things needed done before we go.

But Megans week is just beginning.  She has tons of dr appointments for school and tomorrow she starts soccer which she is far from being happy about.  She wants to sit back and announce she is officially on vacation too.  I just don't think that is going to happen.  She has had all summer and her time has come....da da da......soccer hell week. I joke not. That is what they call it and for good reason.  It is a week of running and kicking and exercising and running and kicking some more.  Her body will be crying since she spent most of her summer floating in a pool.  BUT I did try to warn her. Unfortunately the floatie called her name louder and drowned me out.

But I am still working too so we can go crazy together cause MY vacation isn't official until Friday morning at 4am when my butt hits the van seat!  Ok...maybe that is a little drastic.  I guess you could say it is official Thur night after the last daycare child walks out my door.  But the reality is, as all moms know, that really isn't true. There is cleaning up and dinner and showers and last min packing etc etc etc.

Sooon.......it is coming sooooooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment