Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fill in time!!!

Ok....for those who have been trying to reach me, call me or trying to suck me into the land of Facebook in which I seem to be trying my best to defy (or seriously do not have the mental capacity to learn or the time to figure it out or whatever term you wish to nicely choose), I am going to update here!

Vacation was AWESOME!  Relaxing, fun, exciting, thrilling and above all...COLD! It had to be THE coldest time we have ever spent in TN.  Last year it was so hot that I wished I had more tank tops.  This year I froze my tush off and prayed for sweatshirts and jeans!  It was hitting mid 80s in the afternoon and 50s at night.  Not bad you say? Well when one is used to humidity, which makes 82 degrees feel more like a 90 degree sauna, those temps are c-o-l-d!  Then just as you tried your best to ignore the cold, you go to get lunch in an air conditioned restaurant that was also obviously expecting 90 degrees outside too and froze!  By the time you ate and walked out, 82 low humidity outside felt wonderfully warm and toasty!

Overall though we had a blast.  We went hiking of which we rarely made it to the top but had fun trying and laughing at the end as we gasped for breath on the side of a trail somewhere.  Old men and children passed us by but us ocean level pitiful folks that count speed bumps as the highest point in the state laid in heaps and joking about the old guy in his 80s who actually made it!  It was still fun.

And we went horseback riding and rafting and visited local spots.  We saw a show and bought the CD and all 7 of us got to listen to it allllllllllllllllll the way back to NJ!  Several times. Over and over.  But it was obviously well worth the money paid cause some little person was enjoying it.

We came home to rain and more cold, ran in the house, dropped bags on the floor and grabbed sweat shirts.  What a blessing to finally hit mid 80s and 90 again.  My toes are finally warmed up!

We spent the next week running around like chickens without heads. There were soccer practices and dr appointments and school supply runs and clothes/grocery shopping and last dips in the pool.  I also had three new daycare children start which was insane on my part I guess cause I could hardly find my floor.  Two (siblings) of which did NOT work out and instead of going into the horrific details that still give me nightmares, they started on Thurs and were given notice of last day Friday at pick up.  Oh yeah, that bad and just the cherry to the top of my crazy busy week!

We did end of the summer BBQ with the daycare and last minute icecream runs before....dare I say the words......SCHOOL STARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. School officially starts tomorrow. And some very unhappy faces there were too.  Day care kids have slowly been going off one by one as they each start school.  And tomorrow starts our school systems year.

Delaney is not happy.  She would be the happiest child in the world if I home schooled and allowed her to stay home.  Megan is usually happy about seeing her friends but she isn't so much this year as she begins high school and a new building.  And Ryan is off to college tomorrow too. I went from a houseful of crazy and loud kids to everyone gone. 1st day of school if hard on moms too I will have you know. tomorrow I will spend the morning waking people who do not want to get up and throwing pack backs on and shoving them out the door only to find the house awfully quiet. Then I become sad and bake all day long cause it keeps me busy and my little daycare guys help so it keeps them busy and then by the time I am done, the buses are starting to return.

So wish us luck as we begin a new school year and stay tuned for all those fun back to school pictures that my kids just LOVE me taking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment