Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here we go again!

It is that time of the year for BIRTHDAY PARTIES!!!!

I am in the planning stage of Delaney's next party. Now one would think that planning a soon to be 6 year olds party is easy. Throw some cake on the table with a glop of ice cream and you are d-o-n-e. But if you think that I would take that easy route, you know me little friend!

It would not be a child's birthday in my house without me stressing over the plates being the wrong color or the cake decorations keeping me up till 3am the morning of! I am a perfectionist and I know it. They say it is the 1st step to recovery admitting it but I am not finding it so!

My intention was to look for someplace outside of the house now that she is older. You know...a place I can just pay and they do all the work and I get to go home and not clean up coolaide spills on my carpet for the rest of the night! But Delaney asked for another home party and so here we are.

Usually I complain about what to do this time of the year. Having a winter baby is NOT easy coming up with party themes. There is only so much one can do when you risk bad weather, a small venue and snow!

This year I decided not to try and go against what simply is. So we are doing a winter themed party. Snowmen and all! We have snowflake table clothes, plates and decor. A snowman centerpiece. Gift bags full of goodies like snowball cookies, snowflake stickers, snow bubbles and snow cotton candy.

We have a pin the hat on the polar bear game and a snowball toss along with make your own sundaes. And if I dare to be risky and can get a good deal , I am thinking about a bouncer. Tell the kids to come dressed for the outside and just go for it....snow or not! What the heck! Might as well just go with the flow! I never thought I would say this but maybe we might be lucky and get some snow right before the party!

I am also on the hunt for the bestest cake around. I found cupcake holers with snowflakes but I am not sure what to do with the actual cupcake. And so began the google for ideas.....

Our 1st selection are these lovely blue creations!

Then this simple but cute snowman face. Which should be my pick as it looks to be the easiest.


Then there are these cute and lovable snowmen which I think I like the best.


I am probably going to try a dry run of them all to see which I like the best cause a cupcake that looks like a mom made it in her kitchen would not work! It must be perfect or it will ensue a night of wakefulness on how I CAN make it work!

I envision myself sitting at the kitchen table with jimmies and icing up to my elbows while I cuss out the cupcakes for making my life miserable and trying to push that chocolate chip over a hair with a tooth pick!

But I will I do this with love.

(Perfection has nothing what so ever to do with it! Nope....not at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment