Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am so getting old!

Yes....another "I am getting old" post! I can't help myself. Perhaps it is a mild midlife crisis. Or simply that I am desperately trying to ignore what is really before and am in shock when I actually SEE it!

This morning I was taking my birth control pill with some soda. (Yeah yeah, I know. I should be using water. But that is an entirely different post and issue) The soda was frozen somewhat from us keeping it outside to keep cold. I pop the pill in and drink and absently watch the news. Then a few seconds later I am crunching something. I pull out a little bit of white and get in a panic that I broke a tooth on the ice. After a few seconds of sweat breaking out I realize .....it was just my pill. Now I am not sure which is worse. The fact that I am taking my pill with soda at 7am in the morning. Or the fact that I forgot in that short amount of time that I took it!!!

Oh a plus note....I still have the need of a birth control pill! There is always a silver lining on this old train!

And this weekend, I finally went to the dr and chiropractor for my back. I have been having issues for about a good 4 months. I tried ignoring it and hoping it would go away. I did the heating pad and Advil thing. Nothing worked and I finally gave in and went. Turns out I might have a slipped disk AND was told I have a degenerated disk. Can life get any better?? The google queen that I am, came home and looked up the prognosis of degenerated disk disease. It sounds really, really bad. But I guess really isn't so much as it is common. On a good outlook, by the time I am 60 and 70, I won't have much pain anymore as older people rarely do from it. Which is probably a good thing since I will most defiantly be thinking my pain meds are my teeth falling out of my head but then!

I am showing a lot of promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment