Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh the joys of the holidays!

Well the holidays are officially over.
I am mixed between happiness and being sad. There is some joy in being over the holidays stress and moving back into some normality. On the other hand, life is pretty bland without mistletoe and White Christmas singing in the background!

The best part of the holidays was Christmas morning when Delaney woke and came out to see the gifts. She stood there with her mouth open and saying over and over "Mommy I was good! I was good Mommy! Santa told me to clean up and I did and I was GOOD!" The moment will forever be in my heart!

I also won't forget after holiday shopping!
#1 NOTHING beats a sale! I mean NOTHING! Ok....maybe the chocolate burritos we made for New Years Eve. But nothing else beats a good sale! I went to Boscovs and kicked out teachers, choirs, friends, a few family, etc etc etc. I won't even tell you what I got or how GREAT I did for fear you happen to be one of those listed. But, OMG, it was GREAT!

#2 The memory of the gentleman next to me while I sweater shopped will probably stick in my mind for a while too!
I was trying on some sweaters and had on a tee and a hoodie. I didn't feel like going to the dressing room so I just pulled off the hoodie, tried on the sweater, decided I hated it, removed it and put the hoodie back on. This went on for about 20 min when I tired on the last one I found. Took it off and put the hoodie back on..........backwards. The hood over my face. I actually stood there for a minute trying to figure out why I had something over my face before I laughed and realized what I had done. I removed the hoodie and looked in the mirror as my hair stood on end from the static. I laughed some more and turned my head only to find a gentleman looking at me and quickly look away while pretending to not notice me there! Ok...so the dude went home thinking I was some nutso woman.

And had he been next to me while I rung out my sale items (all the while giggling with joy) he probably was confirmed on that.

All in all it was a lovely holiday! And now back to the grind of work, dr appointments and afterschool activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment