Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Viruses

I just drug myself from the sofa and decided I needed to come on here and chat before I fell back to sleep. It has been a long night as Delaney is sick. She fell asleep yesterday during naptime, which in itself is a miracle and should have been an alert that something was wrong.

She woke at 3:30 with a slight fever. It was her 1st new class for swim and I knew she wanted to go. I took the temp and it was 99.7. Well she was wrapped in the sleeping bag she had picked to curl up in and it was 68 degrees that day so maybe she was just warm. Took it again about an hour later and she was up to 100.4. Well that kicked out swimclass for the night no matter how many excuses I tried to come up with.

She has had a sniffy nose which began over the weekend and it is allergy season so I was holding on all hope that was all it was. Allergy season for Delaney means ear infections when we can't get the runny nose in control. But, if you read my previous post, you also know there has been some germies deposited in the house and we had no real clue what we were dealing with.

As with all my little ones who are sick, Delaney slept in our bed. Four o'clock she rolls over and hacks in my face! Enough to wake me with a start. And I layed there, frozen, with my mind racing.....should I run to the bathroom in horror and scrub my face with scalding water and soap till my face becomes red or give in to the simple fact that it was just too late. It was 4am. I was tired. And I envisioned those germies having a party in my nose already and decided...it just wasn't worth the effort. I surrendered and rolled back over. Delaney on the other hand had other ideas....

She, the little one who took an afternoon nap, decided it was time to chat. "Why did you get a new alarm clock?" "What did you do with the old one?" "Where is Daddy? How come he works in the night?" "I hope we can do something fun in the morning" "Why didn't you let me have the alarm clock cause I loved that alarm clock" "I love MY alarm clock. It has Pooh on it and I love pooh"...................etc........etc.......etc

After a bit I pretended to fall asleep and so she decided it was time to do so too. However, 30 min later that new alarm clock was waking me again!

And speaking of viruses, my computer is sick. I have a nasty habit of going online and googling things for learning material. Go figure! And someone thinks it is funny to link viruses to those educational sites. My computer sputtered and floundered about two weeks ago as I tried to print off a number line for Delaney and I SOS'd my neighbor who worked to bring it back to life. The only issue I have is that my hard drive isn't working normal. It won't open CD's. It gives me a fight to upload pictures. I can't easily RIP music and it would seem that the idea of burning anything if I was able to RIP would be laughable. Sad to say, I think it is going down for the count.

So I am struggling with having to give in and spend money on a new one and letting this one continue to go till it passes out on me and dies for the last time. The trouble is that I need that hard drive for my VBS planning and it makes it very hard to do things like upload pictures, clipart, music or even open the CD I need as director to RUN it! It is inevitable. I know this. But it works ...sort of....and I have issues with spending money when it still lives.

*sigh*

And so I am off to take a little girls temp and maybe say a prayer for my beloved emachine.

Maybe one for myself that those germies dancing in my nose find somewhere else to party too!

No comments:

Post a Comment