Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This and that!

My lovely daughter, Megan, tells me Monday night that she has to make a 3-D plant cell replica out of household items. In her defense, she actually told me over the weekend. But I took it as a statement rather than what it actually was.......a call for help. And what 'help' translates to is..... 'mom, do it WITH me!". What I didn't tell you is that it is due Thur but she had the information two weeks ago! She actually got huffy over the fact that the teacher gave her ONLY two weeks to do it. Not mindful over the fact that SHE only gave me four days!!! Now WHO should be getting huffy? In truth, we only had Monday to complete it cause the rest of the week was full. It was due Thur and there was no other day to work on it. So, Monday it was. I guess it wasn't too bad cause my sister was doing her daughters during her work time! (and for those that are judging us for completely our child's science projects..........wait till YOU are informed at 7pm that a science project is due the next day then cast the 1st stone!) I was supposed to be at a church meeting begging for money for VBS on Monday night. Instead I was digging through my kitchen cabinets and trying to decide what to make a chloroplast and golgi body out of! Course, I guess, painting dry pasta and gluing on pipe cleaners was a much more fun activity than begging for money from a church that hasn't budgeted in VBS funds! But come 9pm, the meeting was starting to look good! Still...it took us over 2 1/2 hours to complete and by the next morning I handed her the cell and told her do not bring it back! This is my bestest picture of the Super Moon from the other night. It was beautiful but I simply cannot seem to get the best shots of something like this on my camera. I shall blame the camera, which it probably is, and will not point out that it just might be my inexperienced hands! In reality, it truly might have something to do with a 6 yr old and a 13 yr old who keep taking my camera and all the damage that goes along with it. BUT...here is my best shot! Now I know you are wondering what in the heck is that! We had rainbow colored day in the daycare last week and this was our version of rainbow cupcakes. I know they might not look like the best seller at your local bakery but they turned out really cool! Delaney doesn't like icing (makes ya wonder who's DNA she really has!) so we opted to go icing'less! They were really yummy! And here is Delaney helping Daddy cut the lawn! I think she did a wonderful job! (not that we really have much growing grass yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment