Monday, October 1, 2012

Feeling the love...yes I am!

Saturday Todd and I were supposed to go out. I was expecting a long evening and so I asked a friend to come over and make sure the kids were fed and Delaney was played with cause neither Ryan or Megan like to stop their life to pay 5 minutes attention to their pesky 7 year old sister and Delaney takes it personally.

My girlfriend arrives with promises of a night filled with baking cookies, making chocolate lollipops and stacking a layered cake.  Only problem was, Todd wasn't feeling so great.  We debated on what to do and finally canceled last minute.

Ryan, who was at the kitchen table doing school work, whipped his head around and says "Come on!  We don't want you here!! You need to go out!". Megan moans and rolls her eyes and goes back to texting. And Delaney breaks down in tears and runs to her room while Todd is already in the bedroom putting on jammies at 3pm in the afternoon!! All in a matter of a second of my announcement!

And my girlfriend, she is rolling on the floor laughing her head off at my shocked face!

I.... joke...... not.

I go in and console my 7 year old who is heartbroken with tears, red face and all cause she wants to make a 10 layered cake and she does NOT want me here right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to GO!

So...me...shocked momma with a crushed heart goes out to find Todd, already standing in jammies with a smile on his face and Tylenol in his hand and I tell him we are going for a drive cause my children want me to leave. (BTW My girlfriend is still laughing)  Now I have a 40 something year old crying and heartbroken!! (And My girlfriend busts up more) After telling him to suck it up and put his clothes on, I promised if he was good I would buy him a cup of tea to make it alllllll better cause my children do not love me and are kicking me out of my own house.

It would seem, the cake won!
Feeling the love guys....so feeling the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment