Monday, January 21, 2013

It's COOKIE TIME!

Ok. If you know me or you have at least read my blog...or both...then you know I am kind of, sort of, in a way, competitive. I try to pretend it doesn't matter that I lose but the truth is I am secretly hoping to kick your butt at that board game and so want to laugh with glee when I do!  I try not to let it show cause I was always taught to not be a sore loser or winner for that matter.  But if you look you can see my smile, my bouncing in my seat and maybe even a giggle under my breath.  A few drinks of wine and you might even get an open laugh in your face-kicking your butt-I am so winning-dance. 

My name is Kimberly and I am a win-aholic.

So it should not surprise anyone that being a mom of a girl scout this time of the year is kinda turning me into that 'I am so kicking your butt' cookie mom! 

It started out as a general sale.  Then I got more orders.  And those orders turned into more orders and before I knew it, we had a presale order of 89 cookie boxes. I could feel that secret giggle coming up. It is like a high.  But I was being good cause, after all, this is all about being a troop and working together and sales were the whole group and good nature and learning skills and...........blah blah blah. 

Lets be honest here.....it is all about the cookie sale. It is all about who rings that door first and I WANT IT TO BE ME!

It doesn't help that we have a troop leader that likes to advertise that she is THE cookie mom.  She is THE big seller.  She is THE head leader, queen cookie, major-three-star cookie person and she was sitting on a throne made of shortbread and chocolate.  I so wanna giggle and push her butt off that shortbread throne while I...I mean....Delaney.....takes the new spot.  Yeah cause, um, it is all about Delaney and a learning experience.  Yeah.  That's right.

Well. We have sold 220 boxes of cookies in four days.  Yes you heard that right.  220 boxes in FOUR days!  And that doesn't include the sales from the cookie booth we did this weekend also.  I won't know the tally of the booths till the end but I do know we ain't doing bad!! And I know that we have a good four more weeks to go.

Last weekend we hit my mother in laws area.  It is mainly older people and few scouts.  All we heard was how no one comes to their doors anymore. Ah yes. I know!! *wink wink* I do know!

Next weekend we are off to the retirement developments.  Older people all condensed in one lovely area with no scouts in residence and who go shopping mainly in the afternoons when girl scouts are at school. Little old ladies and men who love cute little Brownie scouts.....and cookies. Um hum.  I know where my cha-ching fix is!  And cookie momma is coming!

I shall prevail.........mwahhaaaaaaaaaaa! We shall sell the cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 On a serious note, Delaney is truly doing a wonderful job.  She is hauling those cookies, smiling and talking to people like she has never done before.  She has sold cookies to friends and family and teachers.  Sold to neighbors.  Sold at cookie booths and sold to strangers.  And been a trooper the whole way.  Sunday, when we walked around Grandmoms neighborhood, we walked for three hours pulling a wagon and ringing doorbells.  She never complained.  She sold till we had little left in the wagon to sell and after fill up many times along the way.  I am proud of her. 
 Although, I am wondering if she just might have some of mommas need for a win cause what 7 year old walks for three hours and never complains? Says thank you and moves on to the next house? Yeah.....maybe just a tiny bit like mommy.  It is all about learning skills along the way.
(And maybe beating Cookie Momma too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment