Friday, January 25, 2013

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on.......ME!

It has been cold here lately.  Been hit with the northeast cold front for a good week now.  We are bundled in coats and sweaters and gloves.  Tis winter for sure! It has finally hit for the 1st time in about two years.  Last year I was in shorts this time of the year.  So I shouldn't complain.  Except......... when it blows up in my face.

 I keep my soda outside in the winter rather than take up space in the fridge ( you know where this is going, don't you? ) .  Yesterday I noticed it was a bit slushy but ok all the same. I kinda like it slushy anyway.  Like drinking a Coke Icee from the store.

Today I go out and notice one of the cans was upside down.  That should have been my 1st clue.  Took it inside, popped the lid and BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In my face.....up to the ceiling.........across the kitchen.....on my floor..........hitting a daycare child who just stares at me with Coke in her hair like "What the!?"

I totally understood that expression!

I come out of my shock and laugh while I clean it all up.  It was not easy an easy task.  Soda covered the kitchen but I got it done.  Set out my lunch, went back out to get another can (this time making sure it was upright) and opened it..............BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* 

Yep. I did it again.

The dogs went running.  The sleeping baby in the other room roared her displeasure.  Ryan just stood there shaking his head and saying "Really mom?!"

No. I did NOT think it would do it again!

Don't judge me!

I spend my day with Barney and little kids.  I never said I was the brightest.

I can, however, say I am the thirstiest. 

1 comment: