Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And so starts a New Year

Well we made it through shopping malls, wrapping paper, Christmas pageants, bell concerts, and Christmas week.  Over is the rush of the holidays and the slow quiet week of Christmas.  Back is the schedules and schools and lunch boxes and momma busing to this that and the other.  I have to admit I am not looking forward to reality.  It has been a lovely week of nowhere really to go.  Work was slow.  No activities.  It was nice.  But we cannot ignore reality and sadly it is here.  This is our last day of nothingness.  I am actually sitting and writing this while still in my jammies and it is noon.  But we just got up not to long ago either.  Actually Megan and her friend are still in bed.  It promises to be a lazy last day.

We went out to dinner for New Years Eve and then came back to the house and the kids all had friends over for games, dessert and New Years fun.  We played and laughed and filled our tummies with chocolate burritos and strawberry desserts.  Then went out on the front lawn and made as much noise as we could when the bell struck 2013!  Yes, I made teenagers and college students don New Years Eve hats and bang pots and pans while blowing horns.  And even though I think they will probably never tell their friends, they loved it!

 Maybe not so much the neighbors.

Delaney even had a friend over and even though they both were up at 6am, they both stayed up till 2am last night! I couldn't believe they made it that late.  Two o'clock and I am heading for bed while they are dancing around the kitchen blowing bubbles.

Oh for some of that energy.

Well as I slowly and sadly clean up from the night before while still in my jammies.......
 I hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve. May 2013 be blessed with the love and laughter of friends and family.  May your life be blessed and healthy.  And may this New Year bring you much happiness.















1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you!!!!!!! This year is going to be the year we all meet ... :) I cannot wait!!!!!!!! Loved the pictures.. Thanks for sharing!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete