Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Megan......

....I think your right.  Santa doesn't bring puppies"

That was Delaneys sad comment yesterday morning.  But she is right.  Santa doesn't and shouldn't bring puppies as a gift on Christmas morning.  A dog or puppy is part of the family.  It should be carefully thought out and planned.  The right dog chosen and not just grabbed and a bow put on it.  And in the end, our dog, Cherokee, kinda gets the final say cause she has to like this puppy.  Another dog has to have the right personality and be the right breed and be prepared for the life of dog in a house full of little children.  There is training to do and things to be gotten. Not a very good spur of the moment gift to pick up simply because it is cute and it is Christmas.  Christmas decorations get put away and puppies are no longer cute when they are chewing on your shoe.

Delaney had placed her heartfelt want on her Christmas list and voiced it to everyone she saw.  Megan put it on her list too. Ryan has been begging for a while. In truth I had considered it.  Delaney has been asking for a while.  And when she voiced her sad statement Tuesday morning, it rather broke my heart.  I know she would have been overjoyed to find a red ribbon adorned fur ball running about under the tree but it didn't happen. It was not a gift that Santa needed to bringing Christmas morning among visiting guests and wrapping paper.

I am not sure that I am even ready to head there at all.  But I will probably cave eventually under the sad request of a little girl who is backed up by three other family members.

Whatever my decision it will be planned and the moment right. The stars and the moon will line up and the universe will declare this the perfect moment and the perfect dog....... if it is meant to be. 

And Santa can take a well earned break on this one!

2 comments:

  1. I want another Ridgeback but.....Alas I don't think I am going to have a say lol

    ReplyDelete