Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A day of fright!

Yes Halloween has past. Wrong holiday! I know. But it was still a day of being scared!

I had a dentist appointment in the morning. It was just a cleaning. But it was enough to set my stomach off in a flurry, my palms get damp and my heart race. I have a huge fear of the dentist. Probably horror stories of my old, not so sweet dentist. But the sound of a drill or even the thought of an upcoming appointment will set me off shaking in my shoes!

Oh I am totally "cool" (is that even still a word? Or does it make me now uncool to say cool?). Or pretend to be. I go in with a smile on my face, sign in, say good morning to the woman behind the desk and take a seat like this is no big deal. Then I open my book and read. Or pretend to read cause in truth I kept hearing the drill and the noises going on behind the door and I think I read and reread the same paragraph 6 times and still could not tell you what it said! But I am sure I gave off a vision of being totally 'cool'.

Odd that I can push out a 10lb baby with no drugs and a smile on my face but put me in a dentist chair and I totally freak out!!!

Then I come home and find little cobwebs all over my tree which seemed to house little, tiny baby spiders. Now, if there is anything that I am more afraid of than the dentist, it is spiders. But my daughter was freaking out and so I put on my totally 'cool' look again, like it was no big deal and then.....made my girl friend attack my tree! LOL! And a fine job she did too! Then I took all the candy canes off and chemically attacked it again. Myself. Cause I am not afraid with I have a can of raid in my hand! *humpf* But when it comes to trees this year, I think we take the loser award. One dies within a week and another comes alive with critters that do NOT belong in MY house!!!

We finally headed off to bed. Me with my clean teeth. And the house smelling like the fresh fragrance of L'air du Raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment