Sunday, December 6, 2009

My road to Christmas got a HUGE pothole!

It was going to smoothly. I should have known better!

I have been shopping for months, a little here and a little there, and am done. My Christmas cards were signed and sealed and ready to go from the beginning of Nov. I am about 90% done wrapping. I even had some secret santa gifts that have been waiting for the post office for weeks and were just taken. Done. DONE. So I could enjoy the next few weeks in relaxing peace. NOT!!!!!!!! God just wanted to make sure I enjoyed this lovely season of crazy stress and not feel left out. He killed my tree!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heard right. Dead. Gone. Kicked the bucket. Met its maker. D-E-A-D.
And we just got it last week!

I have no idea why. There was water in the bottom. It looked lovely. But when I went to put some forgotten ornaments on yesterday and finish it up, all the needles fell off. It began to look like a Charlie Brown model! And my floor started to look like the ground of a pine forest! So I broke the news to my husband who was probably more upset than me cause I know he was envisioning himself having to hike back out into the fields to chop yet another tree....again! More time to make to do it. More money to spend. And struggling with the wade of lights again which I know he just loves!! Saddly my husband took off everything and hauled the stick out.......

Then packed up the HUGE pile of dead needles, put them in a bag with every intent to drive all the way out to the tree farm and hand the man our dead tree left overs! I might add, with a few choice words too I am sure!

So today after church we are, again, hauling our hinneys out to the farm (and yes, probably a different one!!) to lug another tree home and hopefully this one might like to stay a few more weeks!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment