Saturday, July 17, 2010

The complex conversation of a 12 year old and a 40 something!

Well Megans visit with her Grandparents is coming to an end. We head up tomorrow to pick her up. I just got a new phone (I know that sounds like one has nothing to do with the other but hang in there) and I thought I would flex my texting wings and send her a message. It went downhill from there. I am not sure if I have ever had a more confusing conversation with a person in my life...........

Me: Having fun?
Megan: Who is coming to pick me up?
Me:All of us. Why?
Megan: Why what?
Me: Why are you asking?
Megan: Asking what? (huh???? It gets better......)
Note: as she is sending the above response I am sending.......
Me:What cha doin?
Megan: What cha doin?????
Me: Yeah. What ...are ....you.... going?
Megan: You didn't ask me that.
Me:Yes I did (I should have been giving up at this point!)
Megan: No you didn't. You asked why.
Me:Never mind
Megan: Never mind??????
Me:Next time I will draw you a picture.........and don't ask me what that means!!!
Megan: Huh? Can I stay longer?
Me: We will be up there tomorrow. (I figured this pretty much answered that above question)
Megan: I know. But can I stay longer? (cause...yeah....I plan on driving three hours there only to tell her OK and she can stay and then drive three hours back?)
Me: I answered you with saying I will be there tomorrow.
Megan: I know you will be here tomorrow but can I stay?
Me:N.............O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thinking this is rather clear now)
Megan: No what? Can I stay?
Me: I said NO
Megan: Why? (now my kids normally know better than to ever ask my why when I have said no!!! No means no ....period)
Me: Good night Megan. I will see you at lunch time.
Megan: K. But does that mean no?



*sigh* After this 1st real taste of the texting world, I think I shall stick to phone calls or emails!
I found this way too confusing. Too frustrating. And I believe my daughter has lost her mind! Or I have. I am not sure right now. My head still aches from the conversation!

In the end..........I never did find out "What cha doin??"

I was NOT going to go back there again!

1 comment: