Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where did they go?

So Megan is still off at Mimi and Papa's house. And I have to say that it feels rather odd not having her around. Where is the endless texting? The IM's popping up on my computer asking me if I knew so and so liked so and so? Or the lovely teenage tude I get when I ask her to empty the dishwasher? But the days are passing and I am spending my afternoons distracting Delaney. The nights cuddling on the sofa distracting Delaney. And Joy is still in the bathroom!

Last night we took advantage of our childfree night. Ryan ate dinner early and was not thrilled about an idea of going out to dinner. In fact, when I asked him, his answer was more of an eyeroll and a huff response as if I should have known better than to ask in the 1st place. And Delaney went off to a friends house. Since we had to head into town anyway, Todd and I totally jumped at the idea of an adult dinner.

I would like to say it was like the good old days but not exactly. I remember going out, pre-children, to be more like a date night. Movies. Nice restaurant. Dancing. Laughing with other childless friends.

I am not sure that going to the Elmer Diner for soup and salad really constituted a 'date night'. BUT it was child free and I should not complain. In fact, come to think of it, there was not a child in the whole place. More like older people.........eating soup and salad for dinner........


.............which really says a lot when I say it outloud!

No comments:

Post a Comment