Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mickey came to visit!

I would love to say that the reason I haven't been on is because I am sooooooooooo busy. But the truth of the matter is that I haven't had much to blog about! Summer is now quiet. Most of our activities are over. VBS is done. And so we are just being lazy and watching movies and going for walks and reading books and just basking in the sun. That isn't very exciting even if I personally find it so!

It has been rather peaceful.......till this weekend. And then I noticed we had a visitor! Someone or something had the nerve to chow on my chips! When I noticed the hole in the bottom of a bag that was just brought up from my pantry, I went downstairs to have a look. Sure enough there was some little critter munching open my bags of chips, cookies and such! The nerve!

Now I am already on the 'kill the vole' kick. For those that do not know, a vole is pretty much a field mouse. Which is what it now IN my house. He probably ate all the flowers and decided he wanted something a little tastier!

I cleaned it all out on my pantry shelf and watched. For 4 days it was good. Today I notice another bag of chips is opened and a box of cookies.

Todd was going to handle it himself. But if you do not remember, Todd about came out running from the bathroom screaming over a year ago when we had one in the attic and it fell into the bathroom vent cover while he was in there! The only thing you saw was the tail dangling from the vent cover. I told Todd to put on gloves and hold the tail and I would pull the vent cover open and we could set him free. The man looked at me like I had about 5 heads on my shoulders. All of which was not thinking clearly!

And so, after an eye roll, I called the exterminator.

When I noticed our new visitor this time and Todd said he would put out traps and handle it, I mentioned that someone had to check those traps. And that one day a mouse might actually be IN it. Yeah, that didn't sit well with him! I guess he hasn't gotten past the purchase of the trap idea!

And so, after an eye roll, I called the exterminator.

If nothing else, the mouse isn't eating my plants!

But he will very very sorry he touched my cookies! If he is smart he is on the run.......... Cause I am going to take him DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment