Monday, July 19, 2010

Partly Sunny with a chance of surprise!

I awoke this morning to the weather man saying it was pretty much going to be a hit or miss week. Partly cloudy....partly sunny......evening thunder storms etc etc etc. Today was supposed to be partly sunny with a chance of thunderstorms later this evening. Now to me that pretty much says that the morning and afternoon is going to be a chance to get out and play.

I sent the kids out for a romp in the yard and took the opportunity to sweep my sidewalk while they played. I had noticed the sun was in but that was a given on a partly cloudy day, right?!

About 5 minutes went by and Cherokee, who was laying next to me while I swept, jumped up and started to run. This should have really been my key. But like a dork I just went on sweeping and the kids went on playing.

A few minutes later I look down and notice that there is some quarter size drops on my sidewalk. And before I could think about it, I notice a strange sound. I didn't have a chance for it to register before the curtain of rain came barreling at us through the woods and over our heads!

How I miss living in the open fields and you could SEE the curtain coming. Here, there is no warning except for the brief rush of sound through the trees before it empties on you!

Well and the dog running!! If you don't ignore her!

So I yell for Cherokee to follow....but in truth she was ahead of me and in the door before I even rounded the corner of the house! I screamed for the kids who were screaming back at me and we all made a mad screaming and yelling dash for the same small door opening. My poor little 2 year old didn't stand a chance! He was the last to chug in and was the most drenched!

What happened to partly cloudy with a chance of thunder storms in the evenings???

Next time I will nix the weather man and take much better notice of the dog! She not only made it in before us but had time to run downstairs and hide before we all even got in the door!

Me thinks she might know much more than the weather dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment