Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation, what is that?

Well we are heading to the count down for vacation. Only two more days not including today!!!

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. Which I always do. I am the practical one of this Chapman clan and every year I prepare for vacation and then feel guilty for doing so! Guilty for shutting down my daycare when others depend on me. Guilty for spending money we should be saving or paying bills. Guilty for leaving the dog home and asking someone else to care for her. And stressed out about feeling quilting!

I will be honest and say that I have been laying awake at night, with my mind aflutter of all the things to be done and bills to be paid off (cause, of course those are due the week we are gone) and making appointments for when we get home and chasing Ryan down to make sure his soccer gear is ready for when we get back as he heads right into soccer practice when we put down our bags and back to school supplies and did I call in that medication and when is the grass getting cut and.......it just goes on and on. I have a whole list going on right now! Throw in packing for four of us while I am working in a house full of kids and I need a vacation from my vacation before my vacation even started.

And I feel guilty about that too!

I know I need time for me but I find that I have trouble doing that sometimes. A happy and relaxed mother and daycare provider makes for happy kids (and friends and husband and anyone else in my direct eye contact) I realize this. It is just hard to accept sometimes. And lets be honest, a vacation in amusement park land might not be the most relaxing vacation for mom! But I know I need some fun and laughter and a break. Even if that means throwing up while screaming my head off on a loop-to-loop roller coaster!

Just trying to make my mind understand that is another story! I am sure in the two days I have left, I will be thinking about the van that needs another vacuuming and the bathrooms that need cleaning and did I call the school about the kids missing schedules and who is going to take the trash to the dump before we leave and packing and packing and packing........................

Oh the joys of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment