Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Busy busy busy!

Life has been on a roll lately and I can't seem to catch up. 1st my basement flooded then we were dealing with the stomach virus and then off to NY to visit family and back again to finish up the basement and trick or treat and.......it just hasn't stopped. And yet I still feel like I am two steps behind of everything I want done.

We are getting to the end of schools 1st marking period. Soccer is also coming to an end and soon there will be peace. Ok...NOT! In truth we are eye to eye on the holidays arriving and this train will be in continued motion for another two months! Peace, in truth will not be found here for a while. And even then....cause snow will be waiting to be shoveled!

Lordy help me! I haven't even winterized the yard and I am already talking SNOW!

We got our 1st frost which adds 'trim the flower beds' to my to-do-list. Usually I like to have that done before cold sets in cause I HATE working outside in the cold. BUT life had other plans. This weekend will find us outside in 50 degree winds cleaning up the flower beds! Oh I so cannot wait!

We are officially in November so I have to ask the question.......have you started shopping??? This time last year I was just about done. This year I have two items that Ryan made me order. That is it. But I do have two out of three lists so I guess we are heading there.

I have to admit that I am scared to pull out my Christmas decor cause the mousy that was visiting seems to have found my storage area. Well...that was before I took him D-O-W-N! But I found he really loved my paper pumpkins. I am guessing I might find some surprises for the upcoming holiday too!

And Ryan visited his 1st college! OMG I cannot believe I am writing that. I still remember him in his little blue footie jammies, running down the hallway with his curls flying in the air. And here is my baby boy looking at college! It is enough to break a momma's heart! Are moms ever ready for that? I remember like yesterday, me crying like a baby while he headed off to kindergarten. I imagine I won't be much different as he heads off to college. Probably more of an embarrassment though! Nothing like your mom standing there crying while you walk into college! I assure Ryan that WILL happen! Sorry. It is my God given right!

And all this brings me to today. I am not sure what plans I have today or what will actually be accomplished but I can at least check off 'blogging' from my list!

Now off to find a little girl who is way too quiet. Delaney + quiet always = trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment