Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year......

Well I did it!! I am wrapping presents! My 1st of the bunch. And ones that I can wrap in the eyes of a nibby nose 5 year old! It feels like the season is starting with just that little bit of colorful gift wrap!

I went shopping this weekend for some things and am proud to say that I am slowly checking people off my list already!

The holiday must is starting. Santa is already sitting on his throne in the middle of the mall. And the bustle is in the air. You can just feel the excitement.

Yeah yeah, I know. Thanksgiving is not here yet. And all I have to say to you is "BAH HUMBUG!".

Thanksgiving will be here in a week and I shall be ready! I do have to say that I cannot believe we will be putting a tree up in a week. Just seems so soon. Esp. since we just cleaned up the yard and covered the pool. Where did the time go?

But it cannot be ignored. The season is here and Santa is watching.

I, for one, have been very good. What that gets me in the end is.... probably a shirt my 80 yr old MIL would love and a size 18 pair of pants that wouldn't fit me if I wrapped the belt around my waist twice..........

And the holidays means spending time with my IL's side. And trying to figure out how to wrap a little girls gifts who doesn't take naps anymore and questions where I am 24/7. And crowded stores and return lines over an hour long and rude store workers who don't know how to run a cash register and figuring out what a 13 year old fuss budget wants and.........

Ok. Maybe there is some down to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment