Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring cleaning

Now I know the real reason why people spring clean.

We like to think it is because the warm weather gives us a renewed energy. But the truth is, with spring comes day light savings. And longer days of light. And it is then we can truly see how horrible our house really is!

Those spilled drops down the side of the cabinet in the kitchen that sat there for 2 months unnoticed in the dark days of winter. The dirty walls where little hands touched. The dust behind the lamp that you forgot to get. The dust bunnies hiding under the dining room table.

The sun shines in the windows that haven't seen true sunlight in months and we go into shock!! It highlights all that has been hiding for a very long time.

We hit 70 degrees today and the guys have been outside working the yard. My intention was to join them. Help clean up. Supervise. Maybe start on the garden. But then the sunshine hit my kitchen and I noticed the dirty cooking range. Cleaned that and started outside. Then I noticed the microwave that looked like dinner exploded in it. Cleaned that. Cleaned the trashcan. Cleaned the bathroom. Cleaned.......yeah well you get the point. I haven't made it outside.

I think it will take many more 70 degree weekends before this house, inside and out, looks anything close to being livable again.

BUT here is some pics of all the fun we had.........

And I am off to....well....clean the computer desk I think!
Baking for the VBS meeting tomorrow



Lazy Cherokee~

Delaney and her friend, Morgan


Even Ryan's girlfriend, Rachel came to play
All tuckered out!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shorts!?! I can only dream of that right now. hehe It's great to get some of that cleaning done isn't it.

    ReplyDelete