Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring is in my soul

Doesn't this song just make your toes tap?

The sun is shining. The weather warm. We have actually been hitting 60 this week. God is so good!

Today I plan on planting the beginnings of my garden! Ok Brenda and Doreen, close your shocked mouths! Flies will get in!

Yeah yeah....I know. I am not the local Mr. Green Jeans. I actually rather hate gardening. Actually I should change that. I don't 'hate" it. It just doesn't exactly bring me great pleasure! There! That is a better way to say it. And as you know I am totally a bug freak. Lets just say that I am sure I have given my neighbors a laugh or two over the last 7 years here when I spotted a worm or black creepy crawly in my planter!

But it is SPRING! And the sun is shining. And it is getting in my soul. I want to feel the warm sun on my skin and smell the fresh soil.......

And, in truth, I am fed up having to take out a loan to get produce at the local grocery store each week. And bad produce at that! And that really might be why I am doing it. Just saying.

So I am planting little sweet baby plants and saying a prayer that God guides my hands and gives them life cause I will need it. They will need it. I have NO clue what I am doing at all! But how hard can it be? Can't be much worse than paying $48.92 a week for bad tomatoes and a pound of grapes!

So here is my list of lovely soon to be produce..........
Small tomatoes
Big tomatoes
Lettuce
Peppers
Greanbeans
Cucumbers

And should I want to be really daring, watermelon and corn. We shall have to wait and see if I can get my brave on for those!

I can do this! Mother nature is calling to me to come forth and produce. I shall prevail!

I shall. I really shall!

................as long as there is no spiders or worms!

No comments:

Post a Comment