Thursday, May 13, 2010

Surprises and girlie tools

Today I thought it might be best to take down the broken bed before Delaney decided it was time to practice her circus act again. Only this time it was pretty much a guarantee that she would end up breaking more than just the bed!

I thought my biggest challenge would be to take it apart myself. But I was wrong.

1st there was the pile of surprises UNDER the bed. Toys. Deflated balloons that had seen better days. A farm with a few stray horses. A ball that looked like an elephant sat on it. A couple tissues that I wasn't sure if I should touch or not. A lost hair bow. A faded-not-so great-looking m & m. The pull out drawer that held her pj's. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Ok no. Not really but it wouldn't have surprised me!
Out they all came.

Then the next challenge was finding the tools to take the bed apart. Now you would think this isn't such a hard task. But in my house, trying to find a tool is like trying to find a crumb of cheesecake at the weekly Weight Watchers meeting. Todd puts NOTHING back in place. I even asked last year for a pink tool kit figuring that a girlie color would deter him from taking my tools and losing them, never to be found again! I should have known better that pink does not stop a man in desperate need! He could care less that he is using pink girlie tools when he can't find his own in a pinch!

I tried and hoped I might have a stash of workable something or other in my junk kitchen drawer. But no such luck. Off I went on the hunt for tools.................

An hour later, a good vacuuming and few not-so-nice words got me to this temp. solution.


At least she won't break her rump while doing her circus act.

And we can take our time trying to find something.

Now to find a home for the under bed drawer..........

No comments:

Post a Comment