Friday, May 28, 2010

When it rains it comes down in buckets and buckets and buckets

Ryan has been complaining about his wisdom tooth. Or maybe it was the molar next to it. No the wisdom tooth. Well, maybe the molar......... Nope feels ok today........no it is the wisdom tooth......

Both him and Todd said the dentist said the wisdom tooth was coming in perfect. Ok. Well. I guess everyone has their own pain level and Ryans seems to be low, I guess. It did seem he was complaining a long time about it too. But I cannot remember how my teeth came in or how long it took for that matter. I don't remember any pain but I do know some do. Oddly Ryan is the type of kid who would run into the tree in the backyard, get up, wipe the blood off his face and go off running again. That really should have been my 1st clue.

The other day he asked me to look to see if he had a cavity. Ryan has been blessed with not a single hole in his head! Which surprises me every 6 months as he has to be my worse tooth brusher in my household! But he has escaped visit after visit with nothing more than a finger shake on brushing better. So, thinking maybe his time had come, I got a flash light out and took a peek.

Nothing. Not a hole. A dark mark. A red gum. Nothing. But that wisdom tooth looked odd. It was still only 1/2 way in and looked smooth. I know molars have pits and such in them but was readily told by Todd and Ryan the dentist said it was fine when I questioned its appearance.

My mothers intuition said otherwise. I make the dentist appointment against Ryans wishes and off he went. And my mothers intuition was correct as I am proud to say it usually is. (Big mental ego back pat there!) The tooth is coming in on its side. The part I could see was the side of the tooth and the top of it was facing the molar in front. Hence the discomfort and smooth look.

And we are off to the oral surgeon............again for the 2nd time in a month!
Me think I am going to be paying for the drs. very nice vacation on an island somewhere this summer! We might not be able to afford one but it will make me so happy to know that someone will benefit out of this deal!

Too bad I didn't know last week. Maybe I could have asked for a 'two for' deal???!

No comments:

Post a Comment