Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Toothless smiles and cotton candy

Well I did it. I survived D-day! Or should I say T-Day!?

I woke in the morning with my stomach churning. And about cried while I waited in the chair for the dr to show. But he was nice. And before I knew it I was totally out and they were waking me to tell me to get the heck out of the office so they could attack the next customer! Just like that pretty much. "Time to wake up". 10 min in the chair and out the back door you go, walking like a drunk and squinting at the sunlight with a bunch of gauze in your cheek and wondering what just happened! Todd got a good laugh though. I was so glad to be his entertainment for the day!

I came home, popped a pain killer, ate some chocolate pudding and curled up with my ice pack and blanket. By evening I wanted a huge steak but had to settle for mashed potatoes and canned greenbeans. I am sure the commercials for Outback and Applebees plaguing the tv doesn't help.

Today I am doing fairly well. I have my drugs which makes me want to cover my head up with a blanket and shut out the world. BUT I can't. I have to work. My jaw is killing me. The kids are irritating me. I have a hole in my mouth and all I want is steak. *sigh* Right now I am not much of a happy camper.

And in about an hour I have to leave to take Delaney to the circus. This should be interesting. But I am mom. I have a job to do. I shall put on my toothless smile and go! And a little bit of drugs won't hurt either!

Lets just say that I will be glad to have something better than chocolate pudding soon. And you know I must be desperate to say that!

1 comment:

  1. Where is the little icon that says, "This post is worthless without photos"?? LOL All kidding aside, you are a trooper to go through with it and still do all the things you normally would, let alone go to the circus! I need some of your energy!!

    ReplyDelete