Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where, oh where, is my money tree?

Well I just wanted to say how much I LOVE dealing with insurance companies. They always seem to find a way to add some spice to ones life! Of course, I shouldn't complain. I could have none. I could be paying out of pocket. But I still cannot understand the thinking sometimes.

I got a call yesterday from the dentist who told me that my insurance would not cover the anaesthesia for just one tooth. So I had to pay that out of pocket and it would be about $400. BUT they would, in fact, pay for all 4 wisdom teeth to be pulled. So I got out my calculator and my 20% end of the deal would be......about $400.

She then asked me if I still wanted to do it. Well.....let's see. My options are:
#1 I pay $400 for one tooth and pay for the anaesthesia myself.
#2 I pay $400 for four teeth (even though only one is having an issue) and the insurance company pays for anaesthesia
#3 I do nothing and wait for the tooth to fall out of my head

Hummmmmmm.....gee let me think a second on that one! Cause that is such a hard decision to make!

Which one do you believe I picked?

But will look at it from the bright side. I could have no insurance and be paying the full $915 out of pocket.

It still doesn't take the sting out though, does it?!

And on the same day of this lovely phone call, my youngest daughter decided that she was part of a circus or something and was practicing her trampoline work. On her bed. She jumped. She leaped. She sprang to her glory! She went so high she almost touched the ceiling! And then...... fell and busted the side rail of her bed!

This said bed is part of a bunk bed set. The other 1/2 is in her sisters room. So now I am looking at a good.........can you guess?.........$400 or so to replace the bed and add a boxspring since the bunk bed does not use one!

I am wondering when Todds playing of the lottery is going to finally hit big?

Think it might be by Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment