Friday, May 20, 2011

Oh the Rapture!

Yeah. I have to bring it up.  I cannot pass it by.  More so after the conversations yesterday.  It was just too good to pass up!

My afternoon was spent with my BIL who brought up the topic 1st.  Lonnie said he was keeping his family home tomorrow (aka today) . I asked why and he seemed to look at me like I had three heads.  Didn't I know the end of the world was TOMORROW!?   I had to tell him he has his calendar marked wrong.  It was Saturday.  He looked disappointed but said he was still not taking any chances and would keep them home anyway.  I asked him why again and he said that he didnt' want to have to drive to two schools to pick up his kids and his wifes work to get her if the world was going to split in 1/2!  This brought to mind two huge things.....#1 if the world was going to split in 1/2, did it make a difference if he were driving to a school or sitting at home watching tv? #2 I believe he had the idea wrong on the end of the world. It wasn't about the earth splitting. It was about the coming of Christ.  And if you believe, then it would make little difference on if you are driving to pick up your kids or at home watching tv cause.....well....HELLO .....CHRIST!  Rapture! Tribulations!  Need I say more?  It really doesn't make a difference!

Then my girl friend and I were talking about it last night.  She wanted to know why her neighbor had a sign in front that said "May 21, 2011. Beg for Mercy!" (Lonnie must not have passed that sign!) And yet this neighbor was putting new stucco on the side of his house all day yesterday!  Did he think that it would impress Jesus?  Cause, if you believed the end of the world was coming, why would you go through all that effort to repair the house!?  She wanted to know if he thought this would bring Jesus to his door and he would say "What a great job!  Can you come up and work on my Pearly Gates?"  Good question!

She went home and talked about this with her father and he told her about the end of the world.  Her comment......
"I just got a new job damn it!!!!"
Her dads comment....
"Well you won't have to worry about missing it if you keep saying Damn it!"


I rather liked this quote in a pamplet I have:
"The May 21st End of the World prediction only applies to those who will be saved on Judgment Day 2011 in the Rapture.  Those who aren’t saved in the May 21 Rapture will suffer a different fate, and an End of the World date 5 months after May 21st."
October 21st?  My comment?  Well that can be good news!  I can at least enjoy summer, my vacation AND I don't have to try and figure out what to get Todd for his birthday on the 30th!

So there we are laughing and talking about it all.  I said that I had known about it for a year and my feeling is that I wasn't going to stop living.  If Jesus shows tomorrow, I shall fall on the ground and praise Him.  And if not....well, let's just say that I am not packing my bags and sending out farewell emails today.  Her comment back to me was "Now why would you have to pack a bag?  You think you will be needing a change of underwear??"

Ok....we got a good laugh out of it.  Not that I am putting down anyones belief.  The bible clearly says we will not know the day or the time so why stress over it?!  Why a bunch of people feel they can peg not only the date but the exact time too is beyond me.  The bible says,
"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24

So...I am not going to worry about it.  If Jesus comes I will rejoice.  Till then, I have a soccer game to go to and a new floor in my house to lay down!

Now in regard to packing the underwear Michele....ya just never know.  Ya just never, never know!

1 comment: