Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Puddle shoes filled with love

Yesterday we had to run to church and it was a bit wet out.  I told Delaney to grab her shoes so we could leave and she comes out with her beloved 'puddle shoes'.  She tells me she has to wear them cause it is raining and, even though they did not match her outfit, I said fine cause we had to get going. I doubt anyone cared that she was wearing a blue and purple plaid skirt and pink rain boots!  Or I hoped no one noticed anyway!

We are driving in the car and she is just chattering about her puddle shoes and how much she loves them.  To listen to her talk, they are the best shoes in the whole world! I tell her that I am so happy about her love for her shoes and boy I wish I had a pair!  Her comment was........

"Mommy I am going to buy you a pair of puddle shoes too.  Cause you need to jump in a puddle and not get your feet wet.  I am going to buy them for your birthday and wrap them in pretty paper and a bow and give them to you.  I will get you a cake too.  Do you want a candle?  Cause I will get that too.  Cause I LOVE YOU so much Mommy and I want you to have special shoes too!"

I think my heart just filled to the top with love at that moment! Knowing how much she loves those shoes told me how much she soooooooo loved me! 

I think the shoes might be winning though!

No comments:

Post a Comment