Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stress? Stress?! WHO HAS STRESS?????!!!!!

My dr asked me last week if I am having any changes in my life that would be considered stressful. I thought about this and mentioned that my kids were back at school. He put his pen down and laughed and said that should be LESS stress.

Silly, silly man! Obviously he has no clue!

SO I told him that considering a week ago I was laying on a floatie in a pool with nothing to do but eat my cherry icepop in my hand and now it was all about back to school nights, dr appointments, soccer games, PTA meetings, choir practices, etc etc etc.......yeah September would be a little bit more stressful that my summer was!

Add in things that irritate you like the bagger at the grocery store who puts your bread in with the canned goods or the driver in front of you doing 30 in a 50 mph zone no passing zone and you are late for your next appointment or the school nurse that calls you 10 times a day to tell you that you need a dr note for medications that haven't been in her office since last spring or bills or laundry or the many school fundraisers coming in daily that they expect you to sell by next week .......... yeah life would be considered more stressful.

Then to add to my fun, I have decided I no longer love my kitchen. Or the paint to be more precise. It has been a hidden disappointment that I have tried to ignore but no longer can due to new curtains.

I am sure you are asking what one has to do with another and I will gladly tell you cause I wouldn't want you losing any sleep over it trying to contemplate the who's and how's.

This weekend, I picked up some curtains which I have needed since last Christmas when we began the painting of the kitchen and familyroom. If you remember, it was a big ordeal full of paint chips taped to the wall and asking anyone who would stop and listen which color they liked best in a kitchen. Or better yet, which color they liked best in my kitchen that would roll up two different colored greens and burgundy all in one area! What worked in the kitchen did not fit the family room and visa versa. I might want to note for those that don't know that my diningroom, kitchen and familyroom are all one. It was long moments at night of me staring at the walls and trying to decide what to do.

In the end we picked a gold for the kitchen and diningroom. As it went up I loved it. But the gold did not work in the family room. And it was mentioned, I think more in joke, that we do it burgundy. Todd and I were unsure but flung caution to the wind and did it. It was only paint after all. I LOVED it. I loved it even more once I got the wallpaper boarder up with it. I loved it so much I was dancing happily in my lovely burgundy familyroom.

What I now didn't love was the kitchen.

I have held it in for a good year now. I was hoping it would grow on me. That I would walk in my kitchen and just want to dance in there too. It hasn't. The gold that looked so lovely in HomeDepot just does not look the same on my wall with my wallpaper boarder up. It was the wallpaper board, I am thinking, that did it in. It doesn't seem to match. It isn't' clicking. And it is beginning to rub on me much like the bagger with the bread at the grocery store! The gold had disappointed me.

The issue with that is that I have a boarder already up. I know the ramifications of this dislike of the gold. I have been trying to ignore it but then I bought new curtains. (I told it would tie in somewhere!) I love the new curtains in my lovely burgundy familyroom. What I do not love is my curtains in my diningroom. It reminds me of McDonalds. You know...the whole gold and burgundy thing going on. I keep waiting for Ronald to come bursting through and singing a happy hamburger song! The curtains just make me dislike the gold more. To the point that I simply can no longer ignore it.

So now what do I do? Sit and stare at it in the darkness of night and silently stress over the color as it calls to me!? Or remove the stress in my life? I think I have voted for removal. My dr says I should!!

I just haven't told Todd yet. Cause he is soooooooooo not going to be happy.

This undertaking will involve a ton of painters tape, a steady hand and probably a lot of paint chips taped to the wall again. In all honesty, I am thinking Todd is going to give me a dirty look and I will be doing this one alone which I am happy to do cause I cannot take the disappointment any longer!

So............should it be more a warm and cozy toast color or should I throw caution to the wind and do it burgundy too?

Oh the stressfulness of decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment