Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waterlogged can be fun!

To finish off.....

On Friday we did Aquatica. This is a water park run by SeaWorld and it was awesome! The water was warm. The lines not to long. We got a family cabana and had a place to gather as a family. It was really a nice day. Sorry no pics here cause my camera is not water proof! But envision a cabana surrounded by lush trees and flowers and a lady to come and bring you sodas on demand. And from your lounger you can see and hear the waves of the wave pool next to you........it was about as close to paradise for me as I could get on this vacation!


Our fav family ride was the rapids. Now I know most are thinking a tube ride. Nope. You are full body in the water while you are pushed along a river and into little rapids and water falls. I learned to put on a life vest cause trying to hold onto Delaney and swim with one hand in a moving river was a bit tiring. If I let go, Delaney would panic since she was so much lighter than me and the waters would sail her away! So I grabbed a jacket and from there on out it was smooth sailing. We loved it and went back....and back.....and back.....till they closed the park and kicked us out!


Delaneys fav spot was the water park area with water guns and huge buckets of falling water and slides that dumped you into pools. I was rather surprised as in the past she would never have thought to entertain the concept of walking over there! But this time she not only walked, she RAN! And I spent my time trying to keep up with her so I didn't lose her in this HUGE area full of kids, all while I was sprayed, splatted, squirted and soaked from almost every child in that park! The huge bucket emptying on my head was just the highlight of my day! (where was my lounger and soda!?) And Delaney had no sympathy for me. She not only laughed but took off running while I was still standing there spitting out water and wiping my eyes! Then I spent 5 min running around trying to figure which slide she just want down....only to have to slide down myself and find her in the pool at the end laughing her head off at me. I am sure I was totally amusing!


We sadly closed the park that day and with it went the end of our vacation. We headed back to the condo, took showers, packed and headed off to dinner....tired, sore but content that our last day was one of the best.



Saturday the sun rose on us as we packed the van and began our journey home. We were tired and sad to be headed back and wished for another week, maybe two, but drove heading north anyway and into about every storm on the east coast we could find! Someone really should have called and forewarned us what we were heading into! What should have taken 10 hours our 1st leg of the trip took so much longer as we would round a bend and get hit with a downpour, pick up speed and then get hit again! It was a looooooong, looooooooong journey back! I personally took it to say God was telling us to go back to FL but I had no choice but to trudge on.


And to top the vacation off, Delaney started with a cold on Saturday. By Saturday night she was running a fever. She didn't eat much but surprisingly she traveled well. She slept and took her meds and was just content to be. As long as she had something to drink, her Pooh and her blanket, she was happy.

We arrived home Sunday evening dragging our bags behind us.................
THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment