Monday, September 20, 2010

To think that this time last month.....

This weekend went from nothing really exciting going on to a rather interesting weekend.

My quiet, boring, no where to go two days slowly grew!

On Saturday morning I woke and ran to get some blood work done for my dr. I tried to go midweek but ran into two issues. One being that my dr forgot to tell me I had to fast. And I was told the Dr. Pepper I just inhaled on the way there might have some sort of set back! Add in that they decided to change their lab hours to inhuman hours that no one could possible get to if they tried should they work! I ran in after my dr appointment in hopes of kicking it out while I was there but walked in to dirty stares. The fact that the office was empty midafternoon should have been my clue something was up. They were closing in 10 min and were very happy to inform me that my Dr. Pepper attack was not going to be allowed, handed me back my script and shut the door behind me!

So off I headed way too early for a Saturday morn back to the lab! Then after I was poked, I ran next door to my mammogram. Oh the joys of having ones boobs squeezed on an early Saturday morning and it wasn't even from a man! I didn't even get dinner out of it!

Then I made a dash to the store that I have just vacated the night before cause it would not be ME should I actually remember everything on my list that I had written down and was caring in my hand the night before!!

I drove home and was about to sit down and my son informs me that he has a lump on the top of a foot he injured during soccer about a week and 1/2 ago! It is still sore. Slightly swollen. And now has a lump. I am thinking this isn't a good thing and call the dr. only to have missed them by 10 minutes before they locked up shop! Needless to say that we are off today for xrays that must be squeezed in between a swim class and another dr appointment!

There is so much more to my boring weekend including a dr visit on a Sunday morning and a teenage incident that could have been labled on the news "Mom strangles daughter for daughter being just plain stupid" but I wouldn't want to put you to sleep. Basically my days were filled with moments of thinking I could sit and relax and, instead, I ended up having to go in an entirely different direction! So much for a quiet weekend! So much for the movies I rented on Friday for my quiet, no where to go weekend!

I do want to thank Steven for the fairy info. I jumped on the computer Sunday morning to do the tooth fairy shot before a little girl got up and printed one off for Delaney to see when she woke. I handed it to her and told her that I saw the fairy and ran and got my camera! She stood there for the longest time looking at that shot. Then looked at me and said......"Why didn't you tell her to get off me?!" Ok....It wasn't exactly the reaction I was thinking I would get but I went with it all the same and then told her to show Daddy the picture. She did. Then informed him that should HE ever find that toothfairy sitting on her again he was to flick her off like a bug! I am thinking she did not appreciate some little fairy sitting on her while she slept! She then handed me the picture and told me she did not like purple dresses! The toothfairy should really wear blue!

Since when did she become a clothing critic?


And I just had to share these pictures cause it makes me laugh. Delaney likes to grab my camera now and then and it makes my day on the shots she gets............




Oh yes and I picked up her Halloween costume. It was not the pink and silver batgirl she wanted cause I simply could not find it in the store but rather a pink and silver supergirl. She checked it out and said it would do. She has worn it all weekend long! I am thinking she likes it more than she lets on! She has been taking on the world in her room for the last two days!


And so that concludes my exciting weekend full of.....well....really nothing much but a ton of things all at the same time!


And to think this time last month I was on my way to Florida! Oh to dream.........

No comments:

Post a Comment