Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cross country equals moving ones body! Fast!

Megan came home last week and declared that she wanted to try a sport in the middle school next year. Ok. It is, after all, the middle school and they offer little there at this point. In an excited voice she tells me she is going to do cross country.

Now this is the same girl that can't even make it out to the van when I say '5 min call'!
She moves like a snail!

I explain that cross country means long distance. As in running 3 miles or more. With the goal to be the 1st at the finish line. Not the 1st to pass out! After running 3 miles or more. Without stopping. Or texting.

This child takes an hour shower. Another 45.6 mins to get dressed. And is STILL sitting there without shoes on or her teeth brushed when the bus is pulling up. And she wants to RUN long distance?! Ok........I admit it. I tried so very hard not to laugh at my daughter!

Never in this lifetime would Megan EVER survive cross country!
She would be the poor team member that the coach sends out knowing that this team will not win because of her but keeps her on for trying all the same. She would be the team member who got no awards except for the 'most improved' cause there was nothing else to give her but a made up award in the end! She would be the one walking through the end while all the team members waited.

No. I felt it my duty to support the middle school cross country team and keep my daughter off it! Someday the coach will thank me!

But I didn't want to discourage my daughter from trying new things. So I told her to go for the track instead. She as the legs for it. It is more sprinting and jumping. And if the coach can get the cell out of her hand, she just might WIN something. And Megan will be happy cause in between events she still might have time to put on that next coat of nailpolish!

One must always encourage their children to try new things right?

Sorry Mr. Track Coach. Someone had to be sacrificed! It looks like it will be you! I will make you the most awesome cheesecake to make up for it. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment